Monday, December 1, 2014

September 28, 2014


It has happened again. I start my search for an obit to work with by scanning the images, looking for a face, an expression, something that draws me in. Often I'll read further if a pet is included in the picture, which is what happened here. That reading is often a scan too rather than a word by word in order perusal, so the next thing that caught my eye was "Whitworth" midway in the text. I graduated from Whitworth college, so I went back to read more carefully what her connection was. That's when I spotted that her husband had taught there. Could he have been on staff when I was there? The first name didn't immediately ring a bell - Frank. Then I looked up at the top where here name was - Hauser, then back to see he was head of the Sociology Dept. And yes - I do remember Frank Hauser. I took my one required Sociology class from him and found it fascinating. He made the course interesting, got me excited about a subject I didn't think I gave two hoots for. I don't think I ever met his wife (but I may have), don't remember about family pets, but yes, I can picture him and how much I enjoyed him as a teacher. So this is not an obit about someone I know, exactly, but pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment